In this episode we're hosting Seny Kamara, an Associate Professor of Computer Science at Brown University and Chief Scientist at Aroki Systems.
We discuss academic vs. industry research in cryptography, searchable encryption, encrypted databases, and social problems in the field.
- Seny's webpage: http://cs.brown.edu/~seny/
- Keynote at CRYPTO 2020 on Crypto for the People: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygq9ci0GFhA
- Practical Techniques for Searches on Encrypted Data: https://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dawnsong/papers/se.pdf
- CryptDB: https://people.csail.mit.edu/nickolai/papers/raluca-cryptdb.pdf
- Inference Attacks on Property-Preserving Encrypted Databases: https://cs.brown.edu/~seny/pubs/edb.pdf